Monday, July 4, 2011

Holiday.

Dear Rachel, I have been away at camp for the last week and missed you the whole time. The best part of the whole camp was the new friends I met. I met two others girls who were on fire for Jesus. It makes my heart glad to see others so in love with Jesus. I have not seen you in a while. Though it might not seem like a long time to some people, it is something only BEST FRIENDS can relate to. Texting is so lame. Every time I send you a text, I wish I could see you in person. Even talking on the phone is better. At least I can hear your voice that way.
I have been reading the book, Radical. God continues to reveal himself to me in each chapter in a new way. I can't tell you how much I am learning about my relationship with Christ. You should really read it for yourself. Just to get you excited about reading it, I am going to put a few quotes below...

"Everything in all creation responds in obedience to the Creator...until you get to you and me. We have the audacity to look God in the face and say, 'No'."
"You have to say yes to the words of Jesus before you even hear them."
"determine not to waste our lives on anything but uncompromising, unconditional abandonment to a gracious, loving Savior who invites us to take radical risk and promises us radical reward."

Love you!

p.s. Happy 4th of July! You told me this was your favorite holiday! Hope it is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment